Approved as a vocational program under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005
Diploma Program: 20 Weeks
12 Week Work Placement Available
This specialized 20-week program of instruction will prepare each candidate for Service Advisor or Parts Counterperson jobs in the Automotive Industry. Students will learn customer service skills, specifically how to answer the telephone, deal with customers, interface with management, colleagues and technicians, as well as professionalism on the job. They will also learn how to interact with the automotive technicians by learning about repairing an automobile and how the various parts and components interrelate. From an administrative perspective students will learn how to use dealer management system software. Finally, upon employer acceptance, students may participate in a 12 week co-operative work placement where they will make contacts, develop relationships and have the chance to showcase their skills and qualifications and gain valuable on-the-job experience.
The ALPHALOGIC Difference
The AlphaLogic difference is based on education that is focused on helping each individual student achieve success, rather than the traditionally large lecture led classroom. Perhaps you have not done well in a traditional lecture focused classroom, either because you were embarrassed to ask questions or got left behind due to missed classes.
At AlphaLogic we focus on you individually. This means that you get the one-on-one help you need from a qualified instructor, who is always there to help you. Our student centered system of learning will help you get higher grades and ultimately the career you’ve dreamed about.
- Microsoft Office essential computer training
- Customer Service training
- Complete Automotive Systems training
- Automotive Parts Specialist training
- Dealership Management System training
An Automotive Service Specialist and/or Parts Counter person is employed by either a specific car dealership or more generally in an auto parts/service chain.
What a Service Advisor can expect on the job:
- Greets customers, schedules service appointments and receives vehicle information.
- Listens to requests of the service desired and explains the repair or service order
- Generates profit by selling service, repairs and parts
- Estimates the cost and time needed to do the repair
- Deals with customer account status and methods of payments
- Handles customer complaints and ensures high customer satisfaction standards
- Promotes service facilities to encourage repeat business
- Periodically checks on the progress of the vehicle during servicing and contacts the customer when technicians discover additional problems; gets customer approval to do additional work and explains the work performed and the charges being billed
- Carries out after sales follow ups to build and maintain positive relationships
- Service Advisor: NOC 6552
- Sales Person Retail: NOC 6421
- Automotive Parts Person: NOC 6552
- Service Advisor Wage Range ($/hr): $16.00 – $25.00
- Parts Counterperson Wage Range ($/hr): $14.00 – $18.00
*Labour statistics provided by workingincanada.gc.ca